Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is it that I can think more clearly when I am drunk?
Creatine Dreams Offline
Esteem

Likes Given: 157
Why is it that I can think more clearly when I am drunk?
I think alcohol removes my anxious, over thinking state and makes me get in touch with my humanity and my needs. Not even kidding.
03-21-2013 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Alvar Offline
Love/Belonging

Likes Given: 205
RE: Why is it that I can think more clearly when I am drunk?
Yes, you and pretty much every other guy out there. It's what they call dutch courage.
The thing to keep in mind, the alcohol effect is temporary, it doesn't help train your brain to face your anxieties.
03-21-2013 09:16 AM
The following 1 user Likes Alvar's post:
Salenth (03-21-2013)
Oli Offline
Love/Belonging

Likes Given: 416
I think any drug has the potential to give you interesting insights and perspectives, since you are changing the way you are processing information. Our emotional and mental states are in constant flux, so you are constantly getting a different perspective. Been sleeping a lot for a while? Go through a period of sleeping less and you'll notice you are different on many levels. Been sleeping too little, sleep more. Even within one hour, day, week, our emotional and biological states affect the way we perceive, learn, work, emote, remember, etc. Being a little sleep deprived can actually cause beautiful zen states. But our normal fluctuations stay within a certain spectrum. That's why it's interesting to change things up every once in a while, and widen that potential. Being buzzed on coffee can make you ADDish, and super productive. Weed has the ability to make you recognize important ideas and be more interested in actually exploring them in depth. Alcohol can make you throw out your defense mechanisms and excessive self-criticism.

For me, it's often a matter of maximizing the states that are most useful to my current goals in life. And in the long run, to experience an incredibly varied spectrum of these states.

But yeah, drinking and trying to improve your game don't really go hand in hand. Your learning curve is going to be a lot flatter if you get drunk or even have a few drinks every time you're out.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013 03:39 PM by Oli.)
03-22-2013 04:28 AM
LostFavor Offline
Physiological

Likes Given: 7
Some thoughts from George Carlin on the subject of drugs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj5Sd3BRm_I (serious stuff, despite him being a comedian)

That aside, alcohol basically lowers inhibitions. Like Alvar said, it's temporary and won't necessarily help you with anxieties long term. Be wary of it.
03-22-2013 06:37 AM
The following 1 user Likes LostFavor's post:
Cameron (03-22-2013)
Aidan Offline
Safety

Likes Given: 100
As the other guys said, be careful about the connection you are making without it "getting you in touch", that isn't really what is happening. You are still you.

Its like the people who take LSD and are convinced that they have seen god and become shamans. Its fake, its just 'being on drugs'.
A few drinks are great fun on a night out, and they do offer an enjoyable new perspective on the evening. But if you aren't in touch with your needs without it, you aren't really in touch with them.
03-27-2013 01:00 PM
Beslo Offline
Primordial Ooze

Likes Given: 0
Alcohol has ingredients that boosts up your personal level, i.e. your inner fears are no more effective to you. Though i completely agree that being drunk gives you hell of a confidence, but it won't make you take any decision nor you will be in your normal mental state. But i recommend it to every guy to get drunk and meet his/her date Smile Gets really helpful Smile

Custodian Wealth Builders Complaints
03-30-2013 01:23 PM