Last week when I sat down with T from TheRawness.com, I had a feeling he and I would have a lot to talk about. As I knew that he and I both have a tendency to delve deeply into psychological and philosophical topics.
Two hours later, I had to cut our conversation short otherwise no one would listen to it. Today is Part 1 and tomorrow I will post Part 2.
Part one topics include: screening who you let into your life, vulnerability, the self help industry, Ken Wilber, Buddhism, Machiavellianism, the Pick Up Artist industry, implicit versus explicit self esteem, Nathaniel Branden, self compassion, Roy Baumeister, problems with current academic psychological research, and more.
WARNING: There is no fluff here. We get really nerdy and theoretical at times.
Length: 57 minutes, 49 seconds
Listen to it above or you can download it directly below. Right click the link below and click “Save As” and then a location on your hard drive.
You can subscribe to the Postmasculine podcast on iTunes here.
People and Articles discussed in Part 1:
- Robert Greene and Malcolm Gladwell
- A previous post: Vulnerability and Manipulative Women
- Ken Wilber
- 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene and Machiavellianism
- T’s long and detailed analysis and criticism of the Pick Up Artist (PUA) Industry
- Real Social Dynamics and Eckhart Tolle
- Seth Rosenthal on implicit self esteem versus explicit self esteem
- The psychological concept of Self Compassion
- Roy Baumeister
- Nathaniel Branden on the definition of self esteem and his book Six Pillars of Self Esteem
Proceed to Part 2 of my conversation with T here.
Did you like this article?
Every couple weeks I send out a newsletter with new articles and exclusive content for readers. It's basically my way of keeping in touch with you and letting you know what's going on. Your information is protected and I never spam.
Subscribe below to stay connected.