Thanks for looking to contact me. I welcome all opinions, both appreciation and criticism. Keep in mind that while I try to reply to everyone who asks for a reply, due to the volume of email I receive that’s simply not always possible.
Before you email me, please take a look at my guidelines below. Following them will make my life easier and greatly increase the chances that you get a reply. Thanks.
- Please, no life stories. I love meeting and learning about new people, but I simply don’t have the time to read multiple biographies every day. If you have a problem and/or question, just get straight to it. Generally speaking, the shorter your email, the more likely I am to answer your question.
- If you’re selling me something, then your pitch must be personalized. You must also list specific examples of how you can make my site or business better. Screenshots and statistics are preferred. If all you’ve got is a shitty copy/paste email that you send to 100 bloggers, then it will not even be read before it’s deleted (yes, it’s obvious).
- If you’d like to do a guest post, please send a minimum of three written articles along with a link to your website and previous work. The articles must be original and not previously published elsewhere. Note that I almost never accept guest posts on the site. You’re still welcome to try though.
- If you’re seeking relationship advice, before emailing me, first ask yourself, “What if I asked my partner exactly what I’m going to ask Mark?” This by itself solves a surprising amount of relationship problems.
- Criticism is welcome and appreciated, but please make it respectful and rational. Any sort of name-calling, condescension, or references to ideology or religious belief will be ignored and deleted. I’m always looking to make my writing better, but if you just email me calling me a bigot and making fun of my hair or something, you will be duly ignored.
- If you’re looking for a coach or a mentor, I’m unfortunately no longer doing consultations at the moment due to time constraints. This may change in the future. It may not.