About the Episode
Why is it that the most important truths in life are also the most painful to hear?
In this episode, I discuss five of the most uncomfortable truths that have changed my life and will likely change yours—from human suckage to the cheeriest truth of all… death.
So put your safety harness on, the ride’s about to get bumpy…
Mark Manson Quotes From the Episode
The most significant contribution of psych research over the past 30 years is discovering all the ways that we are horribly, horribly flawed.
Humans are not optimized for truth, we’re optimized for self-preservation.
Everyone’s gonna die one day, and many are gonna die much sooner than you expect. So really cherish the moments you have.
Referenced in This Episode
- Your Next Breakthrough newsletter
- Mark on Twitter @IAmMarkManson
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- All of Mark’s books
- Why You Can’t Trust Yourself
- The Cognitive Biases That Hurt Our Relationships
- The invisible gorilla test
- Sing Sing prison
- Imposter syndrome
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Warren Buffett
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a podcast review on