Here’s my list of the 9 best fantasy books of all time, in no particular order.
- The Lord of the Rings Series – The Lord of the Rings is a series that follows the journey of a group of hobbits as they try to destroy a powerful magical ring that is being used by a dark lord to enslave the world. Along the way, they are aided by a range of fantastical creatures and face numerous challenges and dangers in their quest to save Middle Earth.
- The Chronicles of Narnia – The Chronicles of Narnia follows the adventures of four children in a magical world called Narnia, where they help a talking lion named Aslan defeat the evil White Witch and restore peace to the land. Along the way, they learn valuable lessons about courage, friendship, and the power of love.
- A Song of Ice and Fire – A Song of Ice and Fire is a fantasy series set in the fictional land of Westeros, following the complex political and personal struggles of various noble families as they fight for control of the Iron Throne. The series is known for its intricate world-building, complex characters, and shocking plot twists. It was basis for the hit TV series Game of Thrones.
- The Wheel of Time – The Wheel of Time is a fantasy series about a group of young men and women who must battle against an evil force known as the Dark One in order to prevent the end of the world. The series follows the characters as they discover their own magical abilities and fight to save the world from destruction.
- The Dark Tower – The Dark Tower is a series of books by Stephen King that follows the journey of gunslinger Roland Deschain as he travels through a mysterious and dangerous realm known as Mid-World in search of the elusive Dark Tower. Along the way, he encounters a variety of strange and dangerous creatures, as well as other travelers who join him on his quest.
- The Hunger Games – The Hunger Games is a dystopian novel in which young people are forced to participate in a deadly competition for the entertainment of the wealthy Capitol citizens. Katniss Everdeen, a skilled hunter and survivor, becomes a symbol of rebellion against the Capitol as she fights for her life and the lives of her loved ones in the Hunger Games arena.
- Harry Potter – Harry Potter is a young orphan who discovers he is a wizard and attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry where he learns about magic and battles against the dark wizard, Lord Voldemort, who killed his parents. Alongside his friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry becomes a hero in the wizarding world as he fights to defeat Voldemort and bring peace to the magical community.
- The Witcher – The Witcher series follows the story of Geralt, a skilled monster hunter, as he navigates a world filled with magic, politics, and intrigue. Throughout the series, Geralt battles various creatures and political forces while also struggling with his own identity and relationships.
- Stormlight Archives – The Stormlight Archives is a epic fantasy series following a group of heroes who must save their world from darkness by finding and bonding with powerful magical artifacts. Along the way, they discover secrets about their own pasts and the true nature of their world.