You are not logged in. If you are a member, you can log in here.
Not yet a member? Feel free to look around. Or go here to subscribe and get access to everything on this page.
This page contains all the exclusive member content and updates on the site.
As you can see, there's a mixture of articles, videos, audios and courses that I produce for members. Check back often to see what's new. And feel free to contact me with any requests or suggestions.
The latest additions to the subscription and other news for members:
- Dec 29 Article: My 2019 in Review… And 62 Book Reviews
- Nov 24 Video: Ask Mark Anything #10
- Oct 28 Article: Three Months Later: Does the Attention Diet Work?
- Oct 11 Article: The Death of Tourism – Thoughts After 10 Years of World Travel
- Aug 19 Video: Ask Mark Anything #9
- Jul 11 Article: The Best Parts of Travel Are the Things You Don’t Remember
- May 16 Audio: Audio Commentary to my new book, Everything is Fucked
- May 14 Announcement: My new book is out! Check out Everything is Fucked here.
- Apr 29 Article: The Paradox of Progress
- Apr 12 Video: Ask Mark Anything #8
- Mar 22 Article: How to Land Your Dream Job
- Mar 14 Article: Is No One Safe from the Bullshit?
- Feb 19 Announcement: Take a look at the latest questions submitted for my AMA videos. Please vote on your favorite questions, so I can answer them on video.
- Feb 7 Video: Ask Mark Anything #7
- Dec 31 Article: The 2018 End of Year Recap — Oh, and 63 Book Reviews
- Nov 27 Announcement: All course lessons (except the steps in the Build a Better Life Course) now have a "Mark Lesson Complete" button. Your course progress for each course is shown on the main Courses page.
- Nov 5 Video: Ask Mark Anything #6
- Oct 16 Article: Why We Hold On to Bad Beliefs
- Sep 14 Video: Ask Mark Anything #5
- Aug 16 Article: How I Ended Up Working with Will Smith
- May 31 Video: Ask Mark Anything #4
- May 3 Article: Fuck Your Perfectionism
- Feb 14 Video: Ask Mark Anything #3
- Jan 15 Update: Created the Member's Home (the page you're on right now)!
- Jan 3 Course: Build a Better Life Course
- Dec 28 Article: My 10 Favorite Books of 2017
- Nov 30 Article: Why You Should Read Fiction
- Nov 16 Article: 10 Cool Things About the Brain and What It Means For You
- Oct 27 Video: Ask Mark Anything #2
- Oct 5 Article: 3 Simple Ideas That Will Make You Smarter Than Most People
- Sep 14 Article: The Most Important Skill in Life
- Aug 18 Article: How to Become a Better Learner
- Jul 18 Video: Ask Mark Anything #1
- Jun 1 Article: The Creative Advantages of Ignorance
- Apr 28 Article: The Paradox of Success
- Apr 2 Course: Long-Term Travel Course
- Mar 31 Article: Further Reading and References for The Subtle Art
- Mar 9 Article: Reflections on Aging
- Feb 10 Article: The 5 Levels of Friendship
- Feb 9 Video: 5 Keys to Becoming a Great Writer
- Feb 9 Video: Viral Victories: How to Win on Social Media
- Feb 9 Course: Blogging and Writing Course
- Dec 31 Article: The Most Important Year of My Life
- Dec 9 Article: 3 Unexpected Benefits of Marriage
- Nov 2 Course: Connection Course
- Nov 2 Course: Dating and Relationships Course
- Nov 2 Course: Overcome Anxiety Course
- Nov 1 Article: The Real Cost of Freedom
- Aug 26 Article: The Need to Always Prove Yourself in America
- Aug 2 Video: 3 Core Components of a Healthy Relationship
- Jul 18 Article: The Liberation of Not Knowing
- May 11 Video: My Writing Process
- May 11 Video: Brilliant or Bullshit: MBTI Personality Tests
- Jan 28 Article: 5 Massive Books that Are Worth Your Time
- Oct 12 Article: Mark Goes to the Movies: Into the Wild
- Aug 30 Article: Mark Goes to the Movies: American Beauty
- May 21 Article: The Four Engines that Accelerate Language and Life
- Apr 23 Article: Why I Chose Who I Chose
- Jan 23 Article: A Brief History of Male/Female Relations
- Aug 5 Article: The Rise of Fundamentalist Belief
- May 22 Article: How to Read Faster and Retain More
- Jan 21 Article: The Bad Acid Trip
- Jan 11 Article: “Check, Please” – A Short Story About Perspective
- Oct 8 Article: An Open Letter to My 18-Year-Old Self
- Sep 19 Article: Wanderlust
- May 1 Article: Analysis Paralysis
- Apr 26 Article: Evolution and Sexual Behavior
- Apr 16 Article: The Ipanema Boardwalk
- Apr 9 Article: When The Fall Comes
- Nov 28 Article: How I Quit Smoking For Good
- May 17 Article: Woman Lovers and Woman Haters
- Dec 21 Article: The Wisdom of Surfing
As a member, you get access to all the exclusive articles I've written. See the latest exclusive articles below. To check out all articles (and videos) you can always visit the archive.
- Apr 29 The Paradox of Progress
- Mar 22 How to Land Your Dream Job
- May 3 Fuck Your Perfectionism
- Dec 28 My 10 Favorite Books of 2017
- Nov 30 Why You Should Read Fiction
- Apr 28 The Paradox of Success
- Mar 9 Reflections on Aging
- Feb 10 The 5 Levels of Friendship
- Nov 1 The Real Cost of Freedom
- Apr 23 Why I Chose Who I Chose
- Jan 21 The Bad Acid Trip
- Sep 19 Wanderlust
- May 1 Analysis Paralysis
- Apr 16 The Ipanema Boardwalk
- Apr 9 When The Fall Comes
- Nov 28 How I Quit Smoking For Good
- Dec 21 The Wisdom of Surfing
Below you can also download all ebooks that are included in the subscription.
The ebooks are available in PDF (good for reading on bigger screens), EPUB (can be opened on most mobile devices) and Mobi (can be opened on Kindle readers and devices).
Note: To avoid opening the files in the browser, right-click and choose "Save as".
Discover the research behind why trying to be happier can actually backfire. Happiness doesn’t function the way we expect it to, and ironically, often the more we pursue it, the further away from it we become.
Beliefs are powerful. They not only affect us, but also our success in the world. This ebook contains three ideas to help you observe your mind and question your beliefs: "Your Two Minds", "Believe What's Helpful, Not What's True", and "The Prime Belief".
Making/breaking habits is possibly the most important life skill. Habits underlie the vast majority of our behaviors, our decision-making and our successes. You can change them. Learn how in this ebook.
Relationships can be complicated and difficult. In this 28-page ebook I go deep into our emotional needs in relationships, the needs of our partners, conflict, and how to resolve it.
This ebook's contents overlap with the Self-Knowledge ebook, but it contains one new, very useful idea: "How to 80/20 Your Life".
Over the years, I’ve constructed interactive online courses to help people with specific problems they face in their lives. The courses cover the same themes of the blog and books but they dig much deeper and give you specific exercises and goals to pursue in your day-to-day life.
If you read my articles and love the material but are unsure of how to apply it in your life, then the courses are a good solution for you.
The Build a Better Life Course
Years ago, I stumbled upon a system for evaluating my life and making the necessary changes to get me on course to where I wanted to be. When I started using this system over a decade ago, I was penniless and living on my friend’s couch. Now, I can honestly say, I’m living the life of my dreams. I created this course so you can use that same system to make lasting, big changes in your life too. It’s nothing new or revolutionary by any means. It’s actually quite simple—though not always easy—but it does work. And that’s what’s important.
Creating lasting, positive change in your life can seem like a daunting task. We often see all these big, hairy, insurmountable obstacles in front of us and so we’re easily overwhelmed just thinking about all the things we need to do to take our lives from where they are now to where we want them to be. But before you finish a thousand-mile journey, you have to travel the first three feet in front of you. This course helps you figure out what you want out of your life, gets you to take those first steps towards making it a reality, and then guides you the rest of the way to the life you want to live.
The Connection Course
The Connection Course improves your social skills and helps you learn to connect with others in a deeper and more meaningful way. People who use the Connection Course see improvements in their interactions with new people they meet, but they also improve current relationships in their lives by being able to connect with the people close to them in a more significant way.
This course covers shyness/introversion, improving conversational skills, storytelling, dynamism and humor, as well as creating emotional connections.
The Overcome Anxiety Course
At some point in our lives, we all have a debilitating anxiety that is holding us back. The Overcome Anxiety Course is a simple applicable process to help you work through your fears and start getting results quickly.
Learn about the origins of anxiety, your defense mechanisms, applying progressive desensitization and other strategies to help you cope with insecurities.
The Dating and Relationships Course
I get dozens of emails every day about relationship problems and this course is packed with answers. Whether you're single and still looking for someone special or you're already in a relationship that you feel could be better, the Dating and Relationships Course provides you with the tools you need to create the intimacy you want in your life.
The course covers communication styles, values, compatibility, generating trust, and dealing with potential conflicts and break ups.
The Blogging and Writing Course
Over the years, I’ve recorded videos, written articles, and created content geared around helping people with their blogging and writing, yet I’ve never put them in the same place.
This course contains hours worth of advice on everything from how to make your sentences flow better, to crafting a social media strategy so your content gets shared more often. I’ve spent the last 10 years building my blog and creating a career for myself as a successful writer. And below is most of the advice I’ve come up with.
Escape Plan: The Long-Term Travel Course
If you've ever thought about traveling the world for an extended period of time but thought you had to wait until retirement or have a huge pile of money saved up right now, this course will show just how wrong you are.
I spent 7 years traveling around the world, living in some of the most beautiful places on the planet, eating at fancy restaurants, meeting interesting people from all over the the world...all for less than you probably pay to live in your city now.
This course walks you through all the steps you need to start traveling long term—everything from booking cheap flights, to making a living while you travel, to connecting with people abroad, and to using travel as a tool for personal growth. You'll create your very own Escape Plan that's tailored to your specific budget and travel goals.
Article Audios and Article Commentaries
As you may or may not know, I record audio versions of each article, as well as audio commentaries to most articles.
In the audio archive you can both stream and download all article audios and commentaries.
Note: As a member you can also stream both audios to a specific article on the article page itself. To do that, you click on the Audio or Commentary buttons in the header that appears while you read an article.
Would you rather listen on a different platform? The public article audios can also be found on the following platforms:
Audio Commentaries to my Books
I have recorded in-depth commentaries to both of my books for site members. I talk about how the books came to be, the process of writing them, and I go through the books chapter by chapter, discussing the various ideas and how I view them now.
These audios can also be streamed on the site or downloaded to your device.
Most of the video content on the site can be found in the video courses below, but I also regularly record bonus videos for members. In these videos, I usually answer questions that readers most often ask me. Take a look.
Once every few months I answer your questions on video in an AMA video.
As a member, you can submit your own questions here and you can view all the current questions and vote on them here. Be sure to take a look, and also sort questions from new to old, so that good new questions can get some love.
So far I've done two AMA videos:
- AMA: Episode 1: I cover a lot of topics in this AMA: balancing ambition vs contentment, nihilism, polyamory and the ethics of sexual relationships, building confidence/self-esteem, sexism and racism, how the success of the book has and has not changed things for me, and more.
- AMA: Episode 2: This AMA covers everything from what I do when I think the world is a steaming pile of shit, to compatibility issues in relationships, to a clarification about the law of “fuck yes or no”, to neediness, to more thoughts on nihilism, to monogamy, to modern masculinity, and more.
- AMA: Episode 3: I’m back in this AMA with some thoughts on making new friendships, figuring out when/if you should get married, switching careers, how the actual fuck to find a someone to be with, what’s blowing my mind at the moment, and more.
- AMA: Episode 4: In this one I talk about gaining confidence in yourself, overcoming jealousy, dealing with narcissists, white lies, productivity, having children, dealing with past abuse and bullying, and much more.
- AMA: Episode 5: I talk about my marriage (guest-starring my wife!), what to pursue in life, when to give up, what it feels like to have found your purpose, Jordan Peterson, my top 5 movies, the books I'm writing, and more.
- AMA: Episode 6: A new round of AMA questions, about how to choose a partner, coping with averageness, limiting beliefs, my opinion on social media, how I would start a writing career today, and much more.
- AMA: Episode 7: I cover dealing with “demons,” whether or not you should specialize in your career/life, red flags vs manageable shortcomings in friends/partners, forgiveness, yet another question on monogamy, and more.
- AMA: Episode 8: I dive into some questions on dealing with the anxiety of regret, internal vs external validation, reconciling “fuck yes” with my philosophy of not completely trusting yourself, toxic family relationships, and more.
- AMA: Episode 9: I answer reader questions about high standards in dating, good social habits, work-life balance, the usefulness of day dreaming, texting a romantic partner, and more.
- AMA: Episode 10: I tackle four questions in a little more depth in this round of AMAs. I covered why I committed to my wife, changing your attachment style, keeping your sex life interesting in marriage, and sexual assault and the #MeToo movement.
A look at what I believe to be the three fundamental components of keeping a relationship healthy and happy. I look at how these three components break down, as well as how to rebuild them when things go wrong.
In this video I explain how I write my articles. I go into how I come up with the ideas for articles, the process of writing them, all the way to publishing them on the site.
I go over what the Myers-Briggs system is and whether I think it's amazing or bullshit. Is it science or a fancy horoscope? I get asked about this a lot by readers, and I go into all these questions.