About the Episode
For those of you who aren’t aware, I’m an old man. And though my jokes haven’t improved with age, I’ve learned a thing or two about life along the way.
As I approach the big four-oh, I look back at four decades of life lessons and pick out seven I wish I knew sooner. I’m sharing them with you in this episode so you don’t have to live through as many clusterfucks as I did to get to a place where your life’s no longer a shitshow.
Some of these lessons you may already know, some may surprise you. But they’re all guaranteed to help you live a better life. I learned them too late, but you don’t have to repeat my mistakes.
So what are you waiting for?
Mark Manson Quotes From the Episode
Every form of growth stems from your ability to take responsibility for your current circumstances.
A better life means better relationships.
The more we sacrifice for something, the more significant it feels.
Nobody fucking cares what you’re doing. You can do the dumbest shit and people will forget five seconds later.
Referenced in This Episode
- Mark’s YouTube channel
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Everything Is F*cked by Mark Manson
- WILL by Will Smith and Mark Manson
- Models by Mark Manson
- Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang
- Four Thousand Weeks by Oliver Burkeman
- The Only Way to Be Confident
- Maybe You Don’t Know What Love Is
- Why Everyone on the Internet Is Wrong
- Zig Ziglar
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a podcast review on