Welcome to Mindf*ck Monday, a weekly newsletter that doesn’t suck. If you’re not already getting these in your inbox every week, well what the fuck?! Sign up below now.
Welcome to another edition of Motherf*ckin’ Monday, the only weekly newsletter that kills more germs than hand sanitizer. Each week, I break down three important ideas that will hopefully make you a slightly less awful person. This week we’re talking: 1) the joys of being quarantined, 2) when fear is actually useful, and 3) how to grow from your pain.
Let’s dive in!
(Note: If you get a lot out of this newsletter, please consider forwarding it to people you know and asking them to sign up. It’s easy and comes with a free bottle of hand sanitizer… okay, maybe it doesn’t. But still…)
1. See you when the apocalypse is over - By the time you read this, my wife and I will be locked in our house with about a month’s worth of food and supplies. That might make me sound like I’m the mayor of Crazy Town, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the most logical and responsible thing any of us can do right now.
Probably the most famous message from my books is that we should “only give a fuck about what is true and important.” From weeks of steady research, it’s my opinion …
Hey, sorry to interrupt…
I know you were reading that and getting all into it, but I’ve got to stop you here for a second. Because you seem to have somehow stumbled onto a subscriber-only article, and I hate to say it, but this shit ain't free.
(Already a member? Log in here.)
See, I write a bunch of big long sexy articles for everybody, those are probably some of the articles that you know and love. They are big and beautiful and long and full of funny cat GIFs. But sometimes when I want to diverge into a niche topic or dive deep on a specific problem my readers are having, I write something exclusively for my subscribers. Like this one.
You can read this extra content yourself too. You just have to subscribe. It's easy and takes 30 seconds.
Support the site and get access to the following:
- All the no-bullshit insights, new perspectives and poop jokes I have to offer. You get instant access to all articles on the site, including the 40+ exclusive subscriber-only articles.
- Listen on the go. I record audio versions of all articles, as well as audio commentaries with backstories and research. Members can stream and download all of them, so if you've ever wanted to hear me talk about Kant during a flight, this is your moment.
Improve your relationships, conquer your fears, and build a better life. Once upon a time, I created a number of professionally-made, online video courses about relationships, anxiety and social skills. I sold them for $29.95 per month each, but now these and more are all included in the subscription:
The membership includes 6 courses to improve your life:
- Dating & Relationships Course – Get insights about how to build a healthy and lasting relationship. 10 high-quality video lessons, with exercises.
- Connection Course – Learn how to become better at social interactions and have deeper conversations, leading to more fulfilling connections. 11 high-quality video lessons with exercises.
- Overcome Anxiety Course – Understand the root of your anxiety, and then overcome it. Using concepts from the most successful form of therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy. 8 high-quality video lessons with exercises.
- Blogging & Writing Course – A collection of videos, articles and other materials about my approach to writing and blogging. Recommended for people who are looking to start a book or blog themselves.
- Escape Plan: The Long-Term Travel Course – An extensive written course for people who want to travel long-term, but don’t know how yet. Create your own Escape Plan tailored to your budget and travel goals.
- Build a Better Life Course – A system I use to figure out what I want out of life, and how to get there. It's helped me to get where I am now. I recommend doing it at least once a year.
- Ask me anything videos – As a member you can ask me any question and upvote other members' questions. A couple times a year I answer the best and most-upvoted questions in my AMA videos, exclusively available to site members.
- 5 Awesome Ebooks, which go in-depth on topics like Self-Knowledge, Relationships, Habits and Happiness are instantly emailed to you after signing up.
- Exclusive events and meet-ups like exclusive post-show meet-ups for members during my book tours.
- One day I will buy a member a free taco. I don’t know who it will be, or where, or when, but hey, it could be you!
Subscribing costs less than a cup of coffee in some places. And it’s what allows me to feed myself in between writing amazing shit for you. So please, feed me.